Industrial Electricity Associate Instructor
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Morristown is accepting applications for the position of Associate Instructor for Industrial Electricity.
For consideration, qualified applicants that are interested should submit a detailed resume’, post-secondary certificate/diploma in Industrial Electricity, license/certificates, college transcripts and application including qualifications and salary requirements before the close of business Tuesday, January 19, 2021. Employment applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Employment applications are available at the Morristown campus and on our website at http://www.tcatmorristown.edu select Quick Links and click TCAT Employment Application. Print and mail or email .
Applications should be submitted to:
Tennessee College of Applied Technology Morristown
Attention: Melissa Johnson-Human Resources
821 West Louise Avenue
Morristown TN 37813
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Morristown, a Tennessee Board of Regents institution, is an AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities.
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Morristown is accepting applications for the position of Associate Instructor for Industrial Electricity at the Hawkins County Branch.
- High School diploma or GED equivalency
- Graduate of post-secondary technical school or apprenticeship training with three years current work experience
- Must be experienced in Allen Bradley PLC’s, SLC500, Micro Logix and Compact Logix
- Must be proficient in commercial and industrial electrical wiring; national electrical code, AC and DC theory, motor controls, electric motor, transformers, branch circuit protection, fuse sizing and motor overload protection
- Proficient in computer skills, oral and written communication with a heavy emphasis on the ability to formulate and communicate ideas to individuals and/or groups
- Knowledge and ability to instruct, analyze, and solve student conerns
- TN-LLE (Tennessee Limited Licensed Electrician) preferred
- Associate or Bachelor level degree is desireable
- Previous teaching experience a plus
- Responsible for teaching all phases of the program to include theory and practical instruction of the curriculum
- Must monitor and evaluate student progress; accurately maintain program and student records
- Must maintain an active advisory committee and communicate with business and industry on a regular basis
- Other duties include curriculum development and updates, student record keeping, student recruitment, placement and follow-up
- Continue personal training and professional development to stay abreast of changes in the industry