Applying to a TCAT
Review the programs of study and any program-specific admission requirements. Complete the FAFSA to apply for the Pell grant, TN Promise scholarship, the TN Reconnect and the Wilder-Naifeh Technical Skills Grant.
Find A Program
Review the programs of study and any program-specific admission requirements.
Complete the FAFSA to apply for the Pell grant, TN Promise scholarship, the TN Reconnect and the Wilder-Naifeh Technical Skills Grant.
Student Services Office – Main Campus
821 West Louise Avenue
Morristown, TN 37813-2094
Phone: 423-586-5771 Fax: 423-586-8030
Hawkins County Extension Branch
323 Phipps Bend Road
Surgoinsville, TN 37873
Phone: 423-345-4130 Fax: 423-345-4427
Greene Technology Instructional Service Center
1121 Hal Henard Road
Greeneville, TN 37743
General Admission Requirements
- Program enrollment is based on a first-come, first-served basis by date of completed application. (A completed application includes all items required for enrollment.)
- Persons seeking admission to a college must be at least 18 years of age or have a high school diploma or equivalent. For full-time programs, the applicant must declare an occupational objective and demonstrate reasonable potential for achieving that objective.
- All persons who are required to register for the Federal Draft under 50 U.S.C. App. Section 453 are not eligible to enroll in any post-secondary school until they have registered with selective service.
View the Full Admissions Policy
Program-Specific Admission Requirements
Educational and admission requirements vary from program to program.
- Complete TCAT Application for Enrollment online
- Complete the Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online – the website is www.studentaid.gov; TCAT Morristown school code is 013891.
- Complete and submit a Department of Transportation Physical (DOT Physical)—A DOT physical examination must be conducted by a licensed “medical examiner." To schedule this, you may contact your primary care provider to schedule an appointment but be sure you request a DOT physical since it is specific to the industry. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s (FMCSA) form called the Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination is used for the DOT physical and does evaluate if an individual is physically qualified to drive a motor vehicle. In some cases a Skill Performance Evaluation (SPE) Examination may be required with the DOT physical. For more information please refer to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration at http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/.
- Provide a copy of a valid drivers license.
Aviation Maintenance Technology
- Must pass Technology Foundations exam prior to enrollment.
Special Enrollment Requirements
- Complete TCAT online application (Apply Here)
- Call (423) 834-7954 to schedule and pay for HESI entrance exam (payment of $50 required when exam is scheduled). Applicants 20 years old and under may submit official ACT scores with a minimum score of 19 in each area; otherwise, the applicant must register and take the HESI entrance exam.
- After obtaining a passing entrance exam score, applicants must meet with the PN Administrative Assistant in order to obtain a nursing application and a nursing admissions packet (office location is in building D, first door on the left at the northeast entrance - double doors near the nursing department).
- Submit completed required paperwork to PN Administrative Assistant.
- Nursing Application
- Copy of official high school transcript or GED
- Copy of official ACT scores (only applies to applicants 20 years old or under who scored a minimum of 19 on all required areas).
- Nursing Packet Paperwork
- Completed physical job requirement form.
- Certificate of immunizations (Tb skin test, tetanus, MMRs (2), Varicella (2), and Hepatitis B.
- Completed three (3) work reference forms.
- Completed statement of desire to be a nurse.
- Nursing Application
October 16 — to start in January (Newport site only)
February 20 — to start in May (Morristown and Tazewell only)
July 24 — to start in September (Morristown and Greeneville only)
Application deadline dates are subject to change depending on the number of applications received by the deadline date.
1. Select a program of study.
2. Complete an on-line application. Select Apply Now.
3. Set up and monitor your MyTCAT Portal and student email.
4. Register for and attend a pre-enrollment student orientation.
5. Confirm acceptance of admission within 10 business days at MyTCAT Portal.
6. Self-register during open registration via MyTCAT portal.
7. If using financial aid, must have current Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (www.FAFSA.ed.gov) completed and all outstanding financial aid requirements satisfied prior to enrollment. TCAT Morristown's FAFSA School Code is 013891.
8. Attend on the first day of class.
Click here for more information about student enrollment procedures.