Applying to a TCAT
Review the programs of study and any program-specific admission requirements. Complete the FAFSA to apply for the Pell grant, TN Promise scholarship, the TN Reconnect and the Wilder-Naifeh Technical Skills Grant.
Find A Program
Review the programs of study and any program-specific admission requirements.
Complete the FAFSA to apply for the Pell grant, TN Promise scholarship, the TN Reconnect and the Wilder-Naifeh Technical Skills Grant.
Student Services Office – Main Campus
821 West Louise Avenue
Morristown, TN 37813-2094
Phone: 423-586-5771 Fax: 423-587-1787
Hawkins County Extension Branch
323 Phipps Bend Road
Surgoinsville, TN 37873
Phone: 423-345-4130 Fax: 423-345-4427
Greene Technology Instructional Service Center
1121 Hal Henard Road
Greeneville, TN 37743
General Admission Requirements
- Program enrollment is based on a first-come, first-served basis by date of completed application. (A completed application includes all items required for enrollment.)
- Persons seeking admission to a college must be at least 18 years of age or have a high school diploma or equivalent. For full-time programs, the applicant must declare an occupational objective and demonstrate reasonable potential for achieving that objective.
- All persons who are required to register for the Federal Draft under 50 U.S.C. App. Section 453 are not eligible to enroll in any post-secondary school until they have registered with selective service.
Program-Specific Admission Requirements
Educational and admission requirements vary from program to program.
- Complete TCAT Application for Enrollment online
- Complete the Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online – the website is www.studentaid.gov; TCAT Morristown school code is 013891.
- Complete and submit a Department of Transportation Physical (DOT Physical)—A DOT physical examination must be conducted by a licensed “medical examiner." To schedule this, you may contact your primary care provider to schedule an appointment but be sure you request a DOT physical since it is specific to the industry. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s (FMCSA) form called the Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination is used for the DOT physical and does evaluate if an individual is physically qualified to drive a motor vehicle. In some cases a Skill Performance Evaluation (SPE) Examination may be required with the DOT physical. For more information please refer to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration at http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/.
- Provide a copy of a valid drivers license.
Aviation Maintenance Technology
- Must pass Technology Foundations exam prior to enrollment.
Special Enrollment Requirements
- Complete online application (Apply Here)
- Register with Business Office at (423) 834-7954 for HESI entrance exam (cost $50), and submit successful passing scores. For applicants 20 years old and under, submit official ACT scores (19 required in each area)
- Completed physical job requirement form
- Copy of official high school transcript or GED (if applicable, any college transcripts)
- Three work references
- Certificate of immunization (TB skin test, tetanus, MMR’s(2), Varicella(2), and Hepatitis B
September 26— to start in January (Newport site only)
January 24—to start in May (Morristown and Tazewell only)
June 20— to start in September (Morristown and Greeneville only)
1. Select a program of study.
2. Complete an on-line application. Select Apply Now.
3. Set up and monitor your MyTCAT Portal and student email.
4. Register for and attend a pre-enrollment student orientation.
5. Confirm acceptance of admission within 10 business days at MyTCAT Portal.
6. Self-register during open registration via MyTCAT portal.
7. If using financial aid, must have current Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (www.FAFSA.ed.gov) completed and all outstanding financial aid requirements satisfied prior to enrollment. TCAT Morristown's FAFSA School Code is 013891.
8. Attend on the first day of class.