Applying to a TCAT
Review the programs of study and any program-specific admission requirements. Complete the FAFSA to apply for the Pell grant, TN Promise scholarship, the TN Reconnect and the Wilder-Naifeh Technical Skills Grant.
Find A Program
Review the programs of study and any program-specific admission requirements.
Complete the FAFSA to apply for the Pell grant, TN Promise scholarship, the TN Reconnect and the Wilder-Naifeh Technical Skills Grant.
Student Services Office – Main Campus
821 West Louise Avenue
Morristown, TN 37813-2094
Phone: 423-586-5771 Fax: 423-586-8030
Hawkins County Extension Branch
323 Phipps Bend Road
Surgoinsville, TN 37873
Phone: 423-345-4130 Fax: 423-345-4427
Greene Technology Instructional Service Center
1121 Hal Henard Road
Greeneville, TN 37743
General Admission Requirements
- Program enrollment is based on a first-come, first-served basis by date of completed application. (A completed application includes all items required for enrollment.)
- Persons seeking admission to a college must be at least 18 years of age or have a high school diploma or equivalent. For full-time programs, the applicant must declare an occupational objective and demonstrate reasonable potential for achieving that objective.
- All persons who are required to register for the Federal Draft under 50 U.S.C. App. Section 453 are not eligible to enroll in any post-secondary school until they have registered with selective service.
Program-Specific Admission Requirements
Educational and admission requirements vary from program to program.
- Complete TCAT Application for Enrollment online
- Complete the Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online – the website is www.studentaid.gov; TCAT Morristown school code is 013891.
- Complete and submit a Department of Transportation Physical (DOT Physical)—A DOT physical examination must be conducted by a licensed “medical examiner." To schedule this, you may contact your primary care provider to schedule an appointment but be sure you request a DOT physical since it is specific to the industry. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s (FMCSA) form called the Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination is used for the DOT physical and does evaluate if an individual is physically qualified to drive a motor vehicle. In some cases a Skill Performance Evaluation (SPE) Examination may be required with the DOT physical. For more information please refer to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration at http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/.
- Provide a copy of a valid drivers license.
Aviation Maintenance Technology
- Must pass Technology Foundations exam prior to enrollment.
Special Enrollment Requirements
- Schedule and pay the $50 non-refundable fee for the HESI A2 entrance exam. Call (423) 834-7954.
- After successfully passing the HESI A2 exam, applicants are responsible for meeting with the practical nursing administrative assistant to obtain the official nursing application packet. Completed packet/required documents must be returned to the nursing administrative assistant who can be reached at (423) 417-1983 and is located in building D on the main campus at 821 West Louise Ave, Morristown, TN 37813.The following is a list of required documents that the applicant is responsible for submitting:
- Signed and dated Practical Nursing Student Application Form
- Copy of official high school transcript, GED, or HiSet
- Copy of HESI A2 passing score of 70 in both math and reading. (Exemption: Applicants 20 years of age or less with an ACT score of 19 or above in each section may submit an official copy of results.)
- Signed and dated physical job requirements form
- Proof of Immunizations (TB Skin Test, Tetanus, MMR (2), Varicella (2 or documentation of previous chicken pox diagnosis), and Hepatitis B)
- Once the nursing application packet/required documents have been returned, applicants must also complete the online application for enrollment to TCAT Morristown on the college website www.tcatmorristown.edu.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply for financial aid by completing the FAFSA at www.studentaid.gov. TCAT Morristown School Code: 013891.
- Additional information such as program cost, steps to apply, and HESI A2 information can be found on the pages linked below.
The application steps for this program are strict.The first step is to register and take the HESI entrance exam. Failure to pass the exam or complete any application step may result in disqualification. Completion of application steps does not guarantee acceptance into the practical nursing program for term and/or site requested. New students enroll every term as space is available.
January Term - Newport location only
May Term - Morristown and Tazewell locations only
September Term - Morristown and Greeneville locations only
1. Select a program of study.
2. Complete an on-line application. Select Apply Now.
3. Set up and monitor your MyTCAT Portal and student email.
4. Register for and attend a pre-enrollment student orientation.
5. Confirm acceptance of admission within 10 business days at MyTCAT Portal.
6. Self-register during open registration via MyTCAT portal.
7. If using financial aid, must have current Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (www.FAFSA.ed.gov) completed and all outstanding financial aid requirements satisfied prior to enrollment. TCAT Morristown's FAFSA School Code is 013891.
8. Attend on the first day of class.