The Practical nurse is an integral practitioner on the health care team who renders nursing within a legally defined role. Practical nurse education prepares persons for gainful employment regardless of age, sex, religion, color, race, national origin, or handicap. The education of practical nurses is provided with planned learning experience in a logical sequence.
The practical nursing curriculum includes both theory and supervised clinical experience which will enable students to obtain the knowledge, skills, and attitudes to function within the scope of practical nursing.
Upon successful completion of this program, a diploma will be issued, and a graduate will be prepared to successfully pass the Nation Council Licensure Examination for practical nursing. Licensure of practical nurses is regulated by the Tennessee Board of Nursing. Conviction of a misdemeanor or felony offense may be grounds for refusal by the Board to issue a license.
|Time Commitment||Full Time|
|Typical Program Length||12 Months|
- Complete online application (Apply Here)
- Register with Business Office at (423) 586-5771 ext 233 for entrance exam, and submit successful passing scores. For applicants 20 years old and under, submit official ACT scores (19 required in each area).
- Completed physical job requirement form
- Copy of official high school transcript or GED (if applicable, any college transcripts)
- Three work references
- Certificate of immunization (TB skin test, tetanus, MMR’s(2), Varicella(2), and Hepatitis B
September 26— to start in January (Sevierville site only)
January 24—to start in May (Morristown and Tazewell only)
June 20— to start in September (Morristown and Greeneville only)
1420 Tusculum Blvd
Greeneville, TN 37743
1325 Claiborne Street
Tazewell, TN 37879
821 West Louise Ave
Morristown, TN 37813-2094
2025 Red Bank Road
Sevierville, TN 37876
Care for ill, injured, or convalescing patients or persons with disabilities in hospitals, nursing homes, clinics, private homes, group homes, and similar institutions. May work under the supervision of a registered nurse. Licensing required.
Bright Outlook: Yes
Currently employed in the area: 23,900
Current job openings per year: 2,250