Tennessee College of Applied Technology – Morristown
Safe Community Pledge
The College believes strongly in the concept of education as a method for encouraging and maintaining a supportive and safe community. Each student, faculty, and staff member play an integral part in supporting core principles to mitigate the spread of infectious diseases such as COVID-19. While the institution can do its part in minimizing risk on campus, everyone must do their part to support efforts to minimize exposure and spread to peers and colleagues. By engaging in the on-campus community of the institution, you recognize all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. Students, faculty, and staff can help keep our community healthy by being mindful of their actions and following the institutional/public health and safety protocols. As such, we ask each individual to pledge to take responsibility for your own health and help stop the spread of the COVID-19 by agreeing to the following pledge:
I understand I have a part to play in the fight against COVID-19 and commit to being a responsible member of the campus community. I pledge to uphold the <Institutional Name> Safe Community Pledge every day by demonstrating personal integrity, respecting others, and supporting my college and local community by:
Following institutional/public health guidelines designed to protect myself and others
Limiting the size of gatherings in social situations in accordance with public health guidelines
Maintaining social distancing
Protecting myself and others in areas of campus and where distancing isn’t possible
Washing my hands frequently
Staying home if sick or if I have symptoms of COVID-19
Reporting to school officials if I have tested positive for COVID-19
Wearing an appropriate face mask and other protective equipment as directed by the college
Looking out for others and encourage their faithful commitment to the pledge.
Tennessee College of Applied Technology- Morristown
Current Campus Guidelines
September 9, 2021
- Masks are required in classrooms, offices, and other “confined” areas where people may be in groups.
- Social distancing is required everywhere on campus. Proper handwashing and/or hand sanitizer is a highly recommended practice.
- Students must remain in their shops and classrooms, movement around campus is still prohibited.
- Students can communicate through phones or computers and can request an appointment with student services staff if necessary.
- Staff needs to stay in their respective areas, use phones or computers to communicate, and only visit other areas on campus when absolutely necessary.
- Masks do not have to be worn outside or in open spaces as long as 6-foot social distancing is maintained.
- Break rooms and water fountains are still closed. We are in the process of replacing the water fountains with bottle dispensers.
- The posters with the COVID questions will remain posted and students need to self-report as necessary. All that report as COVID positive will have to quarantine and close contacts will be reported and evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Documenting the answers to the 5 COVID questions are no longer necessary.
Jerry Young, President
TBR COVID-19 Student Resources
Follow the link below: